Monday, July 30, 2012

The Tumble

All was going well, we had planned a long day to Aranos and things were going well, we fueled in Gochas and planned a short route. I was confident that we would now be able to conquer any roads as the biggest challenge would lie ahead of Gochas, o how wrong I would be..

We stopped kilometers short of the the crash site, I wanted to turn off and take a different route to Aranos but Flippie insisted we continued straight so off we went. It was only a couple of minutes down the road that the action began.

I came over the hill and saw the sandy patch, tried to change lanes but to cross lanes on scooter isnt as easy as it sounds and so I was comitted.  As I entered the sand patch the rear started to wiggle as it had done many a time but soon I realised this was getting out of hand and this is where I should have saved it, the moment I thought about that it was too late, the final swerve to the right was when I realised this might be it, and as soon as that thought crossed my  mind I knew it was about to get fun. Next momnet I was over the ridge on the left of the road which the grader had made and I gave in to the fact of falling(which I had been trying to avoid for a week and a half seeing that we had a massive rivalry to not fall first). Next thing I remember was opening my eyes and only seeing gravel flash past my helmet at what must have been close on 60kmph, so I closed my eyes again. Next thing I remember was cuddling the bike, which according to Flippie had done a majestic somersault behind me.

I stood up and Flip was running towards me at his top speed which reminded me a lot of walking. He asked me whether I was alright and I responded that he should wait for the adrenaline to wear off before we could make that call, I walked around for a bit and then my vision became blurred and I was light headed, so I sat down in the middle of the road until it wore off. And basically that was it, except for the Flip's constant laughing for the next 20mins at least.

All is well that ends well I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment